Watch this video. It is long, but very worthwhile. Edward Griffin explains the origins of the Federal Reserve Bank of America, what its stated goals are, and what its actual goals are. This should make you angry; it did me. Ron Paul is right; we should End the Fed.
…I came to the startling conclusion that the Federal Reserve System does not need to be audited, it needs to be abolished. This is very intriguing to think we should audit the Fed but I discovered that probably if they audited the Fed it would get a clean bill because it’s undoubtedly doing exactly what it’s supposed to do according to the law. What it is supposed to do according to the law is justification for abolishing it, so all we have to do is understand what the Federal Reserve System is supposed to do and we’ll be pretty upset about it. The fact of the matter is that most people haven’t the foggiest idea of what it is in fact supposed to do.
I came to the conclusion that the Federal Reserve needed to be abolished for seven reasons. I’d like to read them to you now just so that you get an idea of where I’m coming from, as they say. I put these into the most concise phrasing that I can to make them somewhat shocking and maybe you’ll remember them.
1. The Federal Reserve is incapable of accomplishing its stated objectives.
2. It is a cartel operating against the public interest.
3. It’s the supreme instrument of usury.
4. It generates our most unfair tax.
5. It encourages war.
6. It destabilizes the economy.
7. It is an instrument of totalitarianism.
– Edward Griffin, from the PDF transcript of this video: http://www.thevenusproject.com/downloads/ebooks/6479760-The-Creature-from-Jekyll-Island-by-Edward-Griffin.pdf