Earlier in the week, I posted a link to an article by Stephen J. Bedard called Ten Reasons Why There Really Was a Historical Jesus. Today, I want to point you to a post by J. Warner Wallace called “Resources to Help You Defend the Deity of Jesus.” On this page, Wallace links to several articles he has written that make the cumulative circumstantial case that Jesus was indeed God.
Skepticism related to Jesus of Nazareth generally takes one of two forms: those who don’t even believe He ever existed, and those who acknowledge Jesus as an historical figure but deny He is God. The case for the Deity of Christ is centered on the Resurrection, but there are many other cumulative circumstantial factors to consider. I’ve written quite a bit about the Deity of Jesus, and I’ve assembled these articles to help you make the collective case.
He then presents evidence in six areas:
- The Conception of Jesus Demonstrated His Deity
- The Behavior of Jesus Demonstrated His Deity
- The Statements of Jesus Demonstrated His Deity
- The Authority of Jesus Demonstrated His Deity
- The Resurrection of Jesus Demonstrated His Deity
- The History of Jesus Demonstrates His Deity